Wolseley 11/22 DHC + Dickey
We understand that this rare Drop Head Coupe was first delivered in December 1924 and that from the 1960s onwards it lived in Cardiff. The present owner purchased the car in 1979 and we are pleased to have been asked to sell it for him.
The car is basically original and in good working order. Maintenance has been carried out partly by Arthur Archer of Dunmow and Jonathan Wood of Little Stamford as and when required.
The car features a decent hood and side screens along with opening front screen, side mounted spare wheel and fuel can. The 10hp 11/22 was a development of the previous models. It features a 1,267cc OHC 4 cylinder engine with 4 speed gearbox.
In the 1950s & 1960s Wolseley cars were known only as badge engineered versions of Morris cars. It is too easy to forget the Heritage attached to previously proud marques. This period piece has a proper vintage feel and may be just what you need.
Founded in 1901 by the Vickers armaments combine, along with Herbert Austin, the Wolseley company was one of the UK's premier makes throughout the Edwardian period and into the 1920s.
In 1927 Wolseley was bought by William Morris and, thereafter named Wolseley Motors, continued until 1935. The Wolseley name finally lapsed in 1975.